Superheated steam has important advantages on certain applications, for example, when used in power stations to drive turbines or used for heating and cooling. But for efficient use on heating applications, the steam must be desuperheated.
A desuperheater removes the superheat of steam using water either by direct contact with a spray or indirect contact in a heat exchanger.
CAI Kazakhstan project seen is photos above is a Steam Desuperheater and Letdown package consisting of a desuperheater, two pumps, structural skid base, vessels, piping, instrumentation, and electrical wiring.
The package is designed to reduce the temperature of steam in pipes by injecting condensate into the steam flow. This results in an increased flow of steam at a lower temperature.
Summary Scope of work
- Steam desuperheater and letdown package design and engineering
- Skid base fabrication and assembly
- Desuperheater and pumps procurement and assembly
- Piping and structural steel fabrication and assembly
- Instruments installation
- Electrical wiring
- System testing and quality assurance