Multi-Stage Pump Skids
Custom Built for US Department of Defense
CAI was awarded the contract to custom design and fabricate three skid-mounted systems of Between Bearings Pump/Driver (BB3 Pumps) assemblies from the U.S. Government through an open solicitation process. These highly technical engineered systems is one example of CAI’s custom design-engineering and manufacturing capabilities. CAI is a U.S. Government certified contractor and has supplied major process systems and other skid-mounted equipment to different agencies of the US Federal and State Governments.
The pump assemblies designed and built by CAI are of a modular design with “plug-and-play” features for an industrial system that is used to drive an intermittent closed loop demineralized water cooling system. The assemblies were designed and manufactured to US Government custom specifications.
The central component of the assemblies is a HM pump a Type BB3, horizontal, near-centerline mounted, multistage, axially split, between bearings pump, designed for continuous duty for refinery, chemicals and many other heavy-duty applications.
The equipment was delivered as complete pump assemblies with the following features:
- Modular – Skid mounted
- Fully assembled pump systems including multistage pump, coupling, driver, baseplate, lube oil system and related piping systems/hardware
- Electrical Termination Panel
- Motor Breaker Panel
- Core component: horizontal axially split, multistage, between bearings pump
Summary Scope of Work:
- Design and fabrication of the pump assemblies
- Pumps designed to API standards
- Full Factory Acceptance Testing
- Packaging, shipping and all technical documentations
- O&M Manuals
- Commissioning and training
- Operator Training to US Govt. maintenance staff
Having the engineering, manufacturing and testing all under one roof at CAI ensured that quality was not compromised, and the project remained cost-effective and on-time delivery. CAI has over three decades of experience in providing customized engineering and manufacturing services to the process industries. Our expertise is in making industrial systems modular and easy to operate and maintain.
Prior Work Experience with U.S. Federal Government:
Over the last 30+ years, CAI has provided custom engineered, design and skid-mounted equipment systems manufacturing and services to many agencies of the U.S. Government. A few are listed below:
- U.S. Navy: Environmental Control Skids
- U.S. Navy: Recirculation Skids
- U.S. Army: Over 700 Hot Water Heaters for which CAI won the US Department of Defense Supplier of the Year Award for 100% on-time delivery and 100% quality control.
- U.S. State Department: Dual-wall fuel storage tanks
- U.S. Air Force: Fire Suppression Skid System
- U.S. Navy: H2/N2 Purge Enclosures