CAI’s reputation for top-quality work is a result of its high caliber in-house talent pool and its flexibility in committing the best-qualified individuals to a project. Typically, individuals on a project team average over 20 years of professional experience. Most have a predominant power background that also includes experience in process facilities.
Mukund Kavia – Co-Founder, Chairman
Mukund Kavia’s 30-year experience as Systems Engineer and Manager of Engineering gives CAI’s engineering and manufacturing capabilities a rock-solid foundation with a wide breadth of expertise. His strengths are rotating equipment, power plant design, systems integration, cost benefit and risk analysis, fuel and thermal efficiency. As the company’s leading technical authority, he oversees a team of highly-skilled and technology savvy engineers, designers, consultants and technicians, who under his able leadership, continue to execute cutting-edge projects worldwide, customizing them to client specifications.
- Project Engineer for a 10MW turbo-expander for geothermal plant in East Mesa, California, the first of its kind to be manufactured in the United States.
- Patent Holder of a high yield/low cost aluminum melting cogeneration system.
- Successfully designed and packaged Spirit 1 MW, 2 MW, 4 MW and 10 MW Gas Turbine Power Generation Systems
- Lead executive to negotiate and execute 80 MW Turn-Key Power Generation and Transmission Project, Republic of Benin, West Africa
Kusum Kavia – Co-Founder, President
Kusum Kavia is the entrepreneurial spirit behind CAI’s success. A dynamic leader, she has been instrumental in building the Company from a humble start-up to a model woman-owned, minority business with a stellar reputation. With her motivational and results-oriented leadership, Ms. Kavia inspires the sales and marketing departments under her oversight to identify prospects, build strong relationships, create appropriate proposals and win challenging projects. She is the face of the company who with her solid industry knowledge and engaging personality inspires trust in the clients. Ms. Kavia sits on the board of several organizations and has been featured in many publications. See in the News page.
- U.S. Export-Import Bank Sub-Saharan Africa Advisory Committee (SAAC, 2019)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Investment Advisory Council (2019-2021)
- California State Entrepreneurship Task Force Member (2019)
- U.S. Export-Import Bank Advisory Board Member (2014-2016)
- President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa (2016-2018)
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee (2016-2018)
- California Inland Empire District Export Council
- Manufacturers’ Council of Inland Empire
- Riverside County Manufacturers and Exporters Council
- California State University, Business School – Advisory Board Member
Kusum and Mukund Kavia have maintained an ethical approach to doing business. Together, they have built CAI into a trusted, highly respected and award-winning company.