Greenfield to Turnkey Power Plant
|Location||•||Maria Gleta, Benin (W. Africa)|
|Customer||•||Government of the Republic of Benin|
|Power Generation Units||•||Spirit™10 | Qty: 8 units|
CAI built this power plant from the ground u, after winning the contract through open bidding.
As EPC, OEM and Prime contractor for this power plant complex, CAI designed and constructed this greenfield-to-turnkey project. The complex includes all the equipment and balance of plant needed to generate and distribute electricity including:
- Eight units of CAI’s Spirit™ 10MW, dual-fuel gas turbine power generation packages
- 161 kv high voltage switchyard
- Water treatment system
- Fire suppression system
- Two 500,000 gal. liquid fuel tanks
- Central control room
All the design and manufacturing was completed at CAI’s facility in Corona, California.
The power plant supplies affordable electricity to a large swathe of this power-strapped region.
See Benin Brochure.
- Manufacturing and Testing
- Construction and Installation
- Commissioning and Training