Spirit 10 & 12 MW Gas Turbine Power Generation System
Spirit 10 and 12 Overview:
- The Spirit™ 10 MW systems are driven by the highly efficient THM 1304-10N heavy duty gas turbine generating 9,910 kW at ISO conditions.
- The Spirit™ 12 MW systems come with an enhanced THM 1304-12N gas turbine that generates 11,320 kW at ISO conditions.
Highly Reliable Modular Power Solutions
These systems are self-contained, completely integrated industrial power generation units with compact, axial-flow design. Due to their twin-shaft construction, the gas generator and power turbine are mechanically independent of each other, which is crucial in respect of rapid installation and maintenance. The engines are of modular design and are easy to disassemble for service and handling.
The design of the CAI Spirit 10 and 12 MW systems combines the advantages of heavy duty machines with the convenience of low maintenance from today’s reciprocating engines or aero-derivative turbines. They are ideal for on-site (distributed) generation and also for generating electricity for the grid.
Both packages are available in 50 Hz and 60 Hz cycles. They are scalable to meet increase in power demand and multiple units can be synchronized. They can also be integrated with HRSG and chillers for Combined Heat & Power or Combined Heat, Power and Cooling applications.
Meeting Emission Regulations with DLE Combustion System
In addition to the standard diffusion type combustor, a lean premix combustor is available for the Spirit 10 and 12 MW systems to meet stringent emission regulations. The system limits and controls the maximum flame temperature by means of a patented air bypass system over a wide power range. The combustor thus reduces the formation of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and carbon monoxide (*CO) significantly.
Spirit 10 and 12 MW units can be modified for use of other gaseous and liquid fuels such as: Diesel, Kerosene and Methanol.
Advantages of CAI Spirit™ 10 and 12 MW Gas Turbine Package:
- Lower Cost
- High reliability and longer life expectancy
- Modular, skid-mounted design ensures lower site installation costs
- Lower O&M costs
- Longer intervals between maintenance cycles and overhauls
- Ideal for 24/7 continuous, reliable Power and CHP application
CAI Spirit™10 and 12 Package Dimensions:
- Length: 69 feet / 21 meter
- Width: 22 feet / 6.7 meter
- Height: 16 feet / 4.9 meter
- Length: 20 feet / 6.1 meter
- Width: 16 feet / 4.9 meter
- Height: 15 feet / 4.6 meter
CAI Spirit™ 10 and 12 utilize the turbine, coupled with a gearbox and generator. The three major components are mounted on a single base frame and the entire unit is supplied with an acoustic enclosure.
Standard Package Includes:
- Start System
- Turbine and Gearbox Lubricating Oil Systems
- Air Inlet System
- Exhaust Flue Gas System
- Package Enclosure
- Generator Protection and Control Panel
Subsystems within the Spirit™ packages consist of the following:
- Turbine start system
- Compressor wash system
- Fuel gas system
- Lube oil system
- Fire detection
- Control room
- Turbine control system
- Automatic voltage regulator (AVR)
- Motor control center (MCC)
- UPS system, turbine air intake system with filter housing and silencer assembly
- Enclosure air filtration system and enclosure cooling air system
Optional Equipment & Service
- Anti-icing System
- Fuel gas conditioning (cleanup) system
- Fuel supply pressure regulators and compressors
- Heat recovery steam generator (HRSG)
- Inlet fogging system
- Offshore Design Package
- SCADA system for remote monitoring and control
- Secondary fuel type conversion kit
- Trailer mounted, mobile version
- Turbine Wash System
- Winterization Package